Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cambodia, phnom penh part 1

This is the first time i join mission trip going to other country, last time was locally in selangor, banting which i felt quite embrassed to share about it and in kuching when i was too young and sabah which i basically do nothing. I really want to thank God for giving me this time a golden opportunity, to join this trip to msc(methodist school cambodia) and i learn so much that i would never regret in this trip. This stories start back early in i think may09 one of the sunday which george lau ask me out for breakfast after worship, he actually ask if i could go to cambodia to help out in some work of painting which i have done back then after my spm with my church brother(ah heng). So after he told me that my financial cost be mostly covered by the church and cg, straight away i answered him(george lau) a yes. I was so happy that i could go to 'oversea' which it been long since the day in new zealand' i haven been to any other country, well to be exact is 10years. but as the time i was waiting to go to the trip, God allow much trial in my life, which actually i struggle through such as in my studies, my activity, and so time bike tyre got burst half way in the road and many other. So i felt regret going to this trip and the trip start on 18july which is exactly just after my final exam on 17. such a coincidence. however this trip really open up my mind espcially on seeing the need of cambodian needing Jesus. Alway i thought i know that what the other country people felt even i haven been there, e.g such as african country( most are poor so most probably we need to provide them food), well the cambodian are poor too there is inbalance of social economic in cambodia, such as the rich are far too rich and poor are too poor, so the point is that focusing on the poor, they need money and food too, but they need Jesus the most we can keep on donating our money to them, we can keep on buying them stuff, we keep staying in comfort zone and earn all the money and maybe goes to a short mission trip to visit them, but that all come to nothing in the end. I believe God is telling us to be with them and enjoy and mourn with them so that they can feel Jesus through us. I don't think they really need our money, i think that they need us to tell them jesus and show them the way jesus wanted them to be, of course by sponsoring and praying would be helpful, but encourage other to be missionary and support them financially in cambodia and any other part of the world would be more effective. maybe i should call this part 1

No comments:

Post a Comment